Monday, January 26, 2015

So many albums... so little time!

How many albums do you work on at once?? I have ADD.... I know this because of the way I scrapbook, along with other things ;)  Are you a chronological scrapbooker that works on one at a time, in order. Or are you like me and have many books going at the same time? Or... are you somewhere in between??
I scrapbook as I feel inspired. So chronological order does not work for me. I do feel that I might be better organized if I worked that way! But all the same... I don't!
I currently have an on going album for each of my four kids. As one album fills up... I start a new one. These albums will be given to them when they get married and start a family of their own. Because of that I also make a on going family album that will stay with my husband and I. 

I also have four family heritage albums I'm working on. I am making one for each line of my husbands and my family. These albums are an amazing journey! I am learning so much and just love looking back at the way things were in simpler times. These albums are very important to me, because without information and stories about who and what is in the pictures... they would just be old pictures! This way we will be able to look back at Great, Great Granddad and know that my son has his eyes.

Then there are the two albums I am working on that are my husband and my pictures from growing up. It's important to me to get these made with all the information while our parents are able to give it! I feel the books will go together wonderfully as a time line of where we came from, who we are and what a wonderful life we made together.

Don't forget about the amazing trip I just took my family on to DisneyLand!! I have to make an album all to its self with this trip! We spent three days at Disney and two at the beach. Oh and we road tripped it there and back. So many wonderful memories were made! We had two cameras, two cell phones and I gave the kids each a disposable camera to use.... SO... I have a ton of pictures from all different angles to pick from.

And last, but not least... I have my Close to my Heart album. I have had so very many wonderful experiences over the past five years. The friendships I have made, the trips I have taken, and the personal growth... all because of CTMH!!


So if you were counting.... that's 13 albums I am working on currently.
I would love to hear about how many albums you have currently being worked on! Comment on this post and a random winner will be picked and sent a special gift from me. Be sure to comment on or before 1/31/15... winner will be picked Feb. 1st.

5 comments:

  1. Dang computer, keeps erasing my stuff lol. I just finished one before Christmas, and some have been open since before our move from Az. All said and done I have about 5 going right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do one at a time. Anything more than that is too chaotic. I also like the feeling of accomplishment when I finish an album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I haven't even attempted to count how many albums I have enough pictures for... I guess a great place to start creating albums is with re-doing my baby album... It's still in one of those old photo albums with the sticky paper. It's falling apart! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea on the heritage ones, might start number 4 with that in mind. Odd numbers just don't work for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer Eilers you are the Winner!! A gift from me is on its way to you! Thank you everyone that shared what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete